Brainy Quote of the Day

Friday, September 23, 2011

Thursday Night...

Nobel Prize Winner Steven Weinberg

I'm attending the Joint Conference between the National Society of Black Physicists and National Society of Hispanic Physicists.

I met Dr. Weinberg, and thanked him for signing my only copy of "The First Three Minutes" when I was a graduate student in Astrophysics at the University of Texas (I have a hardcover copy; the most recent prints are paperback or Kindle). He even remembered me.

You can't help but be captivated by someone that discusses the universe with the same causalty as a water cooler conversation.

He also briefly mentioned the news reports of Neutrinos moving faster than c. Zapper Z pointed out a typo. Dr. Weinberg said something funny about the efficacy and accuracy of news reports these days.

It's not often you get to listen to a living legend...

No comments:

Post a Comment