Brainy Quote of the Day

Thursday, August 5, 2010

I couldn't make this title up if I wanted to...

Straight outta Titan: Dr Dre gets astronomical

"Mixing science with hip-hop music isn't merely a hobby of scientists and science writers with time on their hands. In an interview with VIBE magazine, hip-hop legend Dr Dre mentioned that he was thinking of an instrumental album called The Planets.

"'It's just my interpretation of what each planet sounds like. I'm gonna go off on that. Just all instrumental. I've been studying the planets and learning the personalities of each planet,' he told interviewer Jerry Barrow. 'I've been doing this for about two years now just in my spare time so to speak. I wanna do it in surround sound. It'll have to be in surround sound for Saturn to work.'

"Of course, if Dre undertakes this project, he'll be stepping up on the turf of some serious players."


Katherine McAlpine is credited for organizing this "LHC Rap": yes, the Large Hadron Collider at CERN that's WORKING on finding the Higgs Boson. Will Barras put this on his Vimeo account apparently 2 years ago. I apologize for not being "hip" (or hop) enough to keep up with these scientists and their "flow."

If you listen carefully: you can hear the metallic voice cameo of Professor Stephen Hawking (or, someone that's sounding an awful lot LIKE him). I embed the video below. I kid you not.

Word to your mother...

CERN Rap from Will Barras on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment