Brainy Quote of the Day

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A Type of "Faith" & Science...

Physics Review Focus
I have read the book "The God Particle," regarding the elusive Higgs Boson and the quest for the particle that would lead to Einstein's Unified Field Theory (a pursuit until his death).

In their quest to fulfill Einstein's dream, physicists will try, design, experiment...and fail.

It is a type of faith: a wonderment in learning the workings of the universe, often compared by Professor Einstein as similar to an artist engrossed in the creation of a masterpiece or "being in love."

It is a setback, but I don't think an impediment.

The modern age was created by a patent clerk with a pen and paper: and a very large wastebasket!

Einstein quotes:

"When I examine myself and my methods of thought, I come to the conclusion that the gift of fantasy has meant more to me than any talent for abstract, positive thinking."

"There is no logical way to the discovery of these elemental laws. There is only the way of intuition, which is helped by a feeling for the order lying behind the appearance."

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science."


Scientific American: Signals for Higgs Particle Grows Weaker in Latest Data

No comments:

Post a Comment