Brainy Quote of the Day

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Troll Taming...

SMOSH: The 18 Types of Internet Trolls
My wife often asks me: "WHY do you engage these people?" I believe I've encountered a few of the eighteen in some epic exchanges.

My answer is very simply stated: they engage me, as the example illustrates below often by name. As you know, I don't look for confrontations. But some trolls I assume feel I've upset their sensibilities, or their viewpoints I've intruded upon as a resident of the "reality-based community" (no apologies that science as an enterprise is "the substance of things observed; the evidence of things measured, defined and cataloged"). Here in this instance for once, I wasn't discussing science, though I can see where the sensitive would feel umbrage with my general assessment. The exchange is brief and I hope you find my rejoinder at the end of the embed entertaining.

Hey: for one Sunday, I'm not ranting...(and hopefully, Gollum will not self-identify).

No comments:

Post a Comment