Brainy Quote of the Day

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Official String Theory Website...



Link: Official String Theory Web Site


The author of the site is Patricia Schwarz. The original blog that originated the concept of the site tells her story quite vividly. I'll let you read it: for young women interested in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics, what she went through to achieve what she has is an inspiration (at least to me).

I'm almost done with "Warped Passages: Unraveling the Mysteries of the Universe's Hidden Dimensions," by Lisa Randall. I've enjoyed it immensely, but I think I'll buy these just for the grins and the titles (because in many of my rereads of Professor Randall, I felt like this until I finally, as my father would have said, gained an understanding):


No comments:

Post a Comment