Brainy Quote of the Day

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Of Bulldogs, I-pods and 3D...

I typically turn on a shop vacuum called “The Bulldog,” a contraption using brushes to buff underneath, top and side of my shoes simultaneously. I have to do this twice before smocking up and going into the fab: a class 10 -- 10 particles no larger than 0.5 microns per cubic foot of air, at the IBM research facility in East Fishkill, NY. Put in perspective: that's cleaner than most hospital operation rooms!

This video explains why (with the tried and true “human hair” example) and the technology behind tri-gate better than my previous post on the subject. Great animation!

Like your I-pod/I-pad/laptop/cell phone/Facebook/Twitter?

Thank someone like this:
Scientists and Engineers for America

This by far is the best explanation of tri-gate extremely small-scale electronics: from the people who invented it.



No comments:

Post a Comment